Friday, February 22, 2013

Lucinda Zornes Manis Wardlow - Where did she come from?

My great great grandmother Lucinda was the mother of Lester "Pop" Manis.  Lucinda was born in Mar 1849.  I believe that her parents are John and Elizabeth (Allender) Zornes.  The spelling may have been Zorns.   I have no real proof of who her parents are.  I also believe that Lucinda was born in Rush County, Indiana.   I have found census records that show a Lucinda with a John and Elizabeth.  Rush County is next to Henry County were Lucinda later lived.

My first record of Lucinda is when she married Isaac Manis, my great great grandfather, recently returned from the Civil War.  They were married on 27th day of September, 1867.  


They were together on the 1870 Census and again on the 1880 Census.  By 1880, they had Marietta, Nancy, Lilly, Lester,(My Great Grandfather)  Effie May, and Georgie.  She and Isaac divorced sometime in the 1880's.

 She remarried on October 6, 1888, to Isaac Wardlow, who was several years younger than her.  She had left Henry County and was living in Richmond, Indiana.


On the 1900 Census, Lucinda is a widow, the head of household, and her daughter, Effie May, and her family are living with her. 

 In 1910, she is living with her daughter, Nancy Murphy, and her family. 

In a 1912, City Directory, shows Lucinda as a boarder in Richmond.  

Lucinda died on June 27, 1917 from heart disease.  She was 72 years old.









No comments:

Post a Comment