Saturday, March 2, 2013

Fearless Females - Day 3

In honor of National Women's History Month, I will be following the blogging prompts from The Accidental Genealogist blog. The prompts are interesting and I need to post something so I am following along again.  Here is Day 3.


March 3 — Do you share a first name with one of your female ancestors? Perhaps you were named for your great-grandmother, or your name follows a particular naming pattern. If not, then list the most unique or unusual female first name you’ve come across in your family tree.

I actually do share a name with one of my ancestors, my Aunt Betty.  Aunt Betty was my mother's younger sister.  She was the fun aunt. In all of the group pictures with Aunt Betty and her sisters, they are all in dresses, she's wearing shorts.  She was the aunt that I spent the most time with growing up.  Her children were very close with our family.  As our families got older we didn't see each other very much.  My Aunt Betty was a very special woman, I am proud to share her name.

No comments:

Post a Comment