Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tombstone Tuesday - A Strange Combination


This is the gravestone for my great great great grandfather Joseph T. Manis.  He was born January 1, 1825 and he died April 5, 1906 after an episode where he was beaten with a club.  He had three ribs broken and was hospitalized.  One of the people who caused his injuries shares his grave marker and is laid to rest beside him.  I wonder if he would have agreed to that?





Here lies the person that help speed up the death of my great great great grandfather.  His third wife Temperance "Patience" Manis.  She was born October 13, 1848 and died May 14, 1907, barely over a year  after he died.  

3 comments:

  1. Hey Betty... I'm not trying to be a nit-pick but in case you ever want to print out your posts or have cousins trying to find you, I wanted to call your attention to the fact that you put Joseph's birth & death dates incorrectly... He was born January 1, 1925 and he died April 5, 1906. Should the birth year be 1825? Feel free to delete this after you've seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this stone and the story that goes with it. I do wonder if the injured would have wanted the injury inflict-or buried beside him as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Devon, thanks for your comments. I will correct the date. Thanks for noticing. I appreciate any help I can get!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete